To enact its wishes, it has sent its infamous henchman, the Phantom Submarine, to enslave the Happy Isles. The only way to stop this elusive vessel is to neutralize the Darkhouse, nestled at the bottom of the Abyss. You will need to gather a formidable crew to accomplish this heroic task.
Take command of a Nautilion submarine, control the changing tides, and put an end to the Darkhouse’s delusions of conquest before its destructive fleet reaches its destination!
Game Overview and Objective
Captain of the Nautilion (oneiric submarine) – you must infiltrate the Abyss, the lair of the Darkhouse, before the Phantom Submarine reaches the Happy Isles, the last refuge of marine and submarine life of the Oniverse. But beware! To defeat the Darkhouse, not only must you be faster than the Phantom Submarine; you must also assemble a heroic crew for the Nautilion along the way.
Setting Up the Journey
1) The frist thing to do is to shuffle the 36 Crew tokens face down. Place them in a path (in a spiral, like in the example, or however you like) on the table and flip them face up.
Side note: to save space on the page, only a portion of the actual components are pictured in the example. Note that your path does not need to be spiral.
2) Place the Abyss token at one end of the path and the Happy Isles token at the other end. Each of these 38 tokens represents a leg of the journey.
3) Make room for a discard pile.
4) Take the board and corresponding Nautilion submarine of your choice (for your first game, we recommend board A). Place the board in front of you, and the figure on the Happy Isles space.
5) Place the Grimoire card in front of you.
6) Place 4 Reserve tokens in front of you, next to your Nautilion board.