Welcome On Board the Nautilion
Race against the Phantom Submarine in a heroic quest to infiltrate the Abyss and save the Happy Isles.
The treacherous Darkhouse desires to expand its empire across the vast oneiric ocean!
To enact its wishes, it has sent its infamous henchman, the Phantom Submarine, to enslave the Happy Isles. The only way to stop this elusive vessel is to neutralize the Darkhouse, nestled at the bottom of the Abyss. You will need to gather a formidable crew to accomplish this heroic task.
Take command of a Nautilion submarine, control the changing tides, and put an end to the Darkhouse’s delusions of conquest before its destructive fleet reaches its destination!
Game Overview and Objective
Nautilion is the fourth solo game by Shadi Torbey to join the Oniverse series. Like some of the previous titles, the game also includes a cooperative mode. It is a unique take on the roll and move mechanism, and it comes with five expansions.
As captain of the oneiric submarine Nautilion you must infiltrate the Abyss—the lair of the Darkhouse—before the Phantom Submarine reaches that last refuge of marine and submarine life of the Oniverse: Happy Isles. But beware! To defeat the Darkhouse, not only must the Nautilion be faster than the Phantom Submarine… you must also assemble a heroic crew along the way.
Setting Up the Journey
- The first thing to do is shuffle the 36 Crew tokens face down. Place them in a path (in a spiral or however you like) on the table, then flip them face up.
- Place the Abyss token at one end of the path and the Happy Isles token at the other end. Each of these 38 tokens represents one leg of the journey.
- Make room for a discard pile.
- Take the board and corresponding Nautilion submarine of your choice (for your first game, we recommend board A). Place the board in front of you, and the figure on the Happy Isles space.
- Place the Grimoire card in front of you.
- Place 4 Reserve tokens in front of you, next to your Nautilion board.
- Place the Phantom Submarine figure on the Abyss space. Place the Darkhouse figure on the Darkhouse card, off to the side.
- Finally, take the 3 dice and begin your journey!
And here you are, ready to sail toward danger in order to save Happy Isle from the vile Darkhouse! How to recruit your crew, though, and what to do when you finally cross path with the Phantom Submarine?
That's a story for another day.
Nautilion will release on October 13 in Essen at the SPIEL’16 convention. More details to come.